Tuesday 4 December 2012

Last Ever Dandy


Today sees the last ever print edition of the Dandy hitting the shelves. I tried all the newsagents and supermarkets in Kenilworth this morning and none of them had even got it in. Some shop keepers told me that a few people had asked for it and had heard on the news that today's was the last issue. So there it ends, not with a bang but with a-hard-to-find-in-the-shops whimper.

It was an honour doing Korky the Cat for these last few years and I think I got to do him in the last issue, haven't seen it yet as I had to order it on-line. There were some super talented artists involved and you can check out the thoughts of Lew Stringer, Jamie Smart and Andy Fanton on their blogs about the end of this noble institution.

3 comments:

  1. No, they used Nigel Auchterlonie's strip about Korky arguing with Craig about his non-appearance and Michelle the seagull. Sorry mate!

    I have to be honest and say that your jokes didn't always work for me (Bear Thrylls in particular didn't do it for me), but when they worked, for example in your Harry Potter sendup with Korky, by gum did they work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typical.

    I'm with you, the 3 panel ones didn't work at all and were a nightmare to write while a whole page was a joy to do. I wasn't allowed a full page for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's Kid Robson's copy of The Dandy. See? He comes in handy for something.

    ReplyDelete