Friday 8 January 2010

Kitten Parasites

I haven't updated my Kitten Parasite blog for over three months. So today I did. For those of you unfamiliar with my obsession with kittens and parasites allow me to explain:

A couple of years ago I wrote and illustrated a collection of poems about kittens with parasites. Unbelievably no publisher would touch it so I decided to self publish with the help of a friend of mine Bill Griffin. It did pretty well and I sold most of the 1000 run we printed. I do have a couple left so drop me a line if you want one and I think you may still be able to find it lying around most Forbidden Planets.

Here's an example of what to expect from the Kitten Parasites and you can follow their sporadic adventures here.

Hoosbehynde marsk

Like a motorbike helmet
With an eye for a visor
This parasite holds tight
With a powerful incisor.
The kitten mews loudly
But on the outside there's silence
Perfect soundproofing
Hides the internal violence.
Inside this cocoon
Is a horrible place
As a million small pincers
Torment the cats face.

No comments:

Post a Comment